INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR UMP INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
All International Students are required to have Hospital & Surgical Insurance with Extended Personal Accident and Term Life Benefits, furthermore insurance coverage policy is one of the mandatory documents required for applying a student pass. Unexpected illness and accidents can happen to anyone and at any time. With the insurance policy coverage, you will be given a Health care card for cashless admission into panel hospitals. It can help to ease the student’s mind in the event of serious medical emergencies. Your insurance coverage is for one year from the date of purchased and it is subjected to be renewed annually. Students are responsible for the renewal to ensure a continual coverage.
Effective September 2016, there is no appointment from the University for any Insurance Provider to manage the group insurance for international students. All application for insurance coverage will be made concurrently during application for visa through EMGS insurance provider. Thus, all new students and existing students that require applying new student pass / renewal of student pass are recommended to subscribe to the EMGS Insurance Provider (Hong Leong -MSIG Takaful) HLMT packages.
Information of the coverage, terms and conditions are as follows:
- HLMT SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS
- HLMT TAKAFUL INFORMATION GUIDELINE
- LIST OF HLMT PANEL CLINICS
- LIST OF HLMT PANEL HOSPITALS
- EXCLUDED LIST OF HOSPITALS
- EXCLUDED LIST OF BENEFITS
- ACCIDENTAL DEATH & TOTAL PERMANENT DISABILITY CLAIM FORM
- TAKAFUL MEDICAL DEATH CLAIM FORM
- TAKAFUL MEDICAL PERMANENT DISABILITY CLAIM FORM
- GROUP HOSPITAL SURGICAL CLAIM FORM
- For general enquiries : 24 Hour Hotline No : 1-300-22-0009
- For enquiries on Emergency Medical Evacuation / Repatriation & Compassionate Visitation Benefit : +603-76283878
- Fax no : +603-78474304
- For enquiries on Medical Benefits & Issuance of Guarantee Letter :24 Hour Hotline No : 1-800-87-7940
INSURANCE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S DEPENDENTS
Effectively September 2016 onwards, for students who bring any dependents, kindly be informed that the Immigration Department requires a copy of insurance policy coverage to be attached together with the application (new / renewal). We recommend the student to apply for the insurance through the same insurance provider (HLMT Insurance). The student shall contact the insurance provider to apply for the insurance. The contact details of the insurance provider will be available at UMP International Office Counter.